Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lessons from a dog

Someone once emailed me a quote about life lessons we could learn from dogs. Several items – like be loyal, take naps, and never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride – were really good advice. But my favorite was “When loved ones come home, always run to greet them”. Not only do dogs run to greet their loved ones, but they wag their tail and wiggle all over. Why don’t we do that? Show people we care about just how happy we are to see them?

This is my new baby Jorga (pronounced Georgia – and don’t hate – I didn’t choose the spelling). She makes it very clear that she’s excited when I get home.

This is her happy face because she's experiencing one of her first chances to run free and play. 
I adopted Jorga from Purdue's vet school and she has lived in a kennel much of her life. She was SO excited to be able to run around in the field and the creek at my sister's house.


She loves her "frogger" too.  Frogger is currently hanging up to dry.  Ewww.

Although Alfred isn't quite as expressive with his feelings, he has ways of showing that he cares.  Like laying on my face in the morning when he wants me to wake up.

1 comment:

Jill Hockemeyer said...

So happy for you in this new venture in life. Your photos are amazing!!!! What a great way for you to be able to use your talents to share with others. And your subjects just couldn't be more adorable. It is nice to be able to see my relatives this way, since I don't get to see them very often otherwise. Congratulations on the new business and especially, on "The Knock Out!"