Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Weekend in Paradise

Well, at least I believe it was pretty close to Paradise.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the Hingst's for sharing their beautiful lake home, to Ginny for inviting me, and to Cindy and Ginny both for being such special ladies and so much fun to spend the weekend with.  And THANK YOU to God for creating such beauty!
We were blessed with perfect weather.  I mean, perfect.


Captain Ginny, you did a great job!  Oh my goodness, I couldn't get over how beautiful the lake was!


Almost got kidnapped by pirates.  Not really, but it sounds exciting!


A bit of Walloon Lake history...Ernest Hemingway spent his summers on Walloon Lake with his family from the time he was an infant until he got married (20 something).  He wrote a series of short stories using a fictional character named Nick Adams which described his adventures on Walloon.


Bill supplied the Bud Light shades.  Thanks Billy! :)

Did I mention that the weather was perfect and the lake was SO BEAUTIFUL?!?  Cindy and I felt like we were wearing out that word all weekend but you just felt compelled to say it all the time.
The produce at the Farmer's market was amazing!


 Biking along Lake Michigan.

 Ah, the wine and cheese cruise.

 I kinda wish this were my house - not gonna lie.  Is it not adorable?!

No comments: