Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March self-portrait: I am... a sister



Best friends, confidants, crisis managers, sounding boards, care-takers, and sometimes partners in crime. All these terms describe what my sisters and I are to each other. Incidentally, my sister Sara didn’t make the photo, but all of the above applies.
I have a memory of a night when Kris and I went to see Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid at the movie theatre (I know, I’m really dating myself with that, but lemme tell ya, back in the day seeing Robert Redford and Paul Newman on the big screen?!? Mmmm mmm). Pretty sure Kris was just old enough to drive (legally that is), so we were feeling like big stuff to be able to go by ourselves. And because Butch and Sundance made it look cool to rob banks and trains and persuade a pretty girl to go with them on their adventures, we left the movie inspired to do something wild and crazy. So what did we do??? We stuck our heads out the windows and howled at the moon!! Then we drove on the wrong side of the road!!! For probably 20 or 30 whole yards!!! Such rebels we were.

No comments: