Friday, June 14, 2013

Aly - Class of 2013

You may remember Aly from some previous blog posts.  She has modeled for me before and we also did her first senior session last fall.  But...get to know her better - she's a peach!

What are your plans and dreams for the future?
    I plan to go to Ivy Tech and get an Associates degree in Nursing and then follow up by getting a Bachelors degree at another college.  My dream would be to get a nursing job that also allows me to travel and see the world while helping others.

What is it about life after high school that you are most looking forward to?
    I am looking forward to leaving the drama of high school behind.
What home cooked food will you miss when you go to college?
    Fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.

What does a typical night out with friends involve?
    Eating out, an ice cream or snow cone run, bonfire or hot tub time, playing pool or ping pong.

Do you volunteer your time anywhere?
    During the school year I volunteered my time for Riley Dance Marathon (planning, fundraising and putting on the event).  I also intern at IU Health/Ball Memorial Hospital through a school program called PCI.  I am at the hospital every other day for roughly 2 hours "working"/gaining experience in the Labor & Delivery, NICU and Mother/Baby departments.

What happened on the best day of your senior year?
    That would be the night of the Riley Dance Marathon when we surpassed our "shooting for the stars" fundraising goal.  Everyone's planning and hard work paid off by allowing us to help others in a big way.  I also received two individual awards that night which are very special to me.

Who are your role models and why?
    My mom, because she shows me how to be a good mom, have good work ethics, and good organization skills; Mrs. Myrick (teacher in charge of Dance Marathon) because she is very caring and gives of her time for a worthy cause; and Kate & Kella (nurses at the hospital), because they are very passionate about what they do, explain things to me when I don't understand and inspire me to want to be a great nurse.

What do you want people to remember about you when they look back at your senior year?
    I hope people remember me as a caring, giving person; someone who is a true friend.

No comments: