Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Walk Through a Wedding

You may remember that I posted a while back about buying myself a Christmas gift on Black Friday (from the comfort of my home). The gift was a seat in a photography workshop called “Walk Through A Wedding” by Justin & Mary Marantz. Wow, it was a great weekend, stuffed full of very helpful tips and information about everything from the technical “how-to’s” to the philosophical “why’s”. Justin and Mary so graciously hosted us in their home and generously shared their wealth of knowledge and experience.
The bonus was that I met some really amazing people and made some great friends.  You know, maybe more important than the photography lessons were the life lessons I took away from this weekend.  On Sunday we shared what photography meant to us and described a photo that was meaningful to us.  I was so touched by the way people opened up and shared themselves, and I felt like I was smacked in the head with the realization that every person has a story.  They're all important.  Everyone has something to offer. Every person has value.  Thank you Justin & Mary, thank you to everyone who worked hard to put the workshop together, and thank you to my new friends.

I've watched J&M's "Live Chats" before, which are filmed in their home, so it was really fun when I saw this fireplace mantel in real life and recognized it.


Some of my faves from the photo shoot...













Be sure and check back in a couple days, because I spent the day after the workshop doing some sightseeing in CT and I have some pretty cool photos to share from that!

3 comments:

Faye Bernoulli said...

Susan, it was so great meeting you last week! I can't believe it's been a week already...I'm still super excited about all the stuff we learned. LOVE that very last pic of Spring & Silas :)

Kathryn said...

Beautiful, Susan! Sunday was a big smack in the face for me, too. I needed it. I'm so glad you were there and I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Mary Marantz said...

LOVE!!! Susan you rocked these OUT! Thank you SO much for being there!

xoxo
M:)